(Family Features) This cake delivers a mild sweetness and crunchy topping that can delight nearly any guest. Serve it warm with a side of ice cream or a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Find more dessert recipes at culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this delicious recipe!
Cinnamon-Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make topping: In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut butter into mixture until blended.
- To make cake: In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, butter and sugar. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Add egg and egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Combine flour mixture with cream cheese mixture. Spread mixture in pan. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from Wilton.