- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville Italian All Natural Mild Ground Sausage
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, well drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- On lightly floured surface, roll bread dough to 16 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Transfer dough to greased baking sheet. Combine cream cheese and garlic, spread lengthwise over center third of dough. Top with sausage, peppers, olives and cheese.
- Fold dough over filling, pinching seam to seal. Make slits across top of dough every 2 inches. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield 16 appetizer servings