- 2 firm ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup red grapes (about 16)
- 1/2 cup green grapes (about 16)
- 8 10-inch wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (60 to 70 percent cocoa solids), finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Cut the banana into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Place in small bowl and toss gently with the orange juice.
- Skewer fruit, alternating two grapes for each piece of banana, and place fruit skewers onto lined tray.
- Place chocolate in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir well, and microwave another 10 seconds if necessary to melt chocolate.
- Using a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate onto fruit skewers.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once frozen, skewers may be transferred to a sealable plastic bag where they will keep in the freezer for up to a week. Allow to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating.
These delightful frozen treats are healthy, too.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 container (8 ounces) lemon nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
Frozen Smoothie Pops
- Strawberry Shake
- Small paper cups
- Popsicle sticks
- In blender or food processor, process yogurt, watermelon, strawberries and banana until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.
Frozen Smoothie Pop
- Pour prepared Watermelon Strawberry Shake into small paper cups.
- Freeze, inserting popsicle sticks or plastic spoons when mixture is partially frozen. Or, pour Watermelon Strawberry Shake into ice cream machine.
- Set and enjoy.
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained and cut in half
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- Additional chopped nuts for garnish
- 1 (1-ounce) square semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, 4 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Chill.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add flour and nuts; mix well.
- On lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet, press dough into 12-inch circle, forming rim around edge. Prick with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Arrange 2 sliced bananas on cooled crust. Spoon filling evenly over bananas. Dip remaining banana slices in remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; arrange on top along with pineapple, cherries and additional nuts.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with remaining 1 tablespoon butter; drizzle over pie. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Makes one (12-inch) pizza
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: Crust and filling can be made in advance and held until ready to assemble. Cover crust and store at room temperature; store filling in refrigerator. Best if eaten same day as assembled.