- 1 (10-inch) prepared round angel food cake
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (5 1/4 cups)
- Additional fresh strawberries, optional
- Place cake onto serving plate. Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside. With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving 1-inch-thick cake walls and 1-inch- thick base on bottom.
- Remove cake from center, leaving 1-inch-thick base on bottom of cake. Reserve cake pieces. In large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, almond extract and food coloring if desired. Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fill cavity of cake with strawberry mixture; replace top slice of cake.
- Chill 3 hours or until set. Frost with remaining whipped topping; garnish with strawberries if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Vanilla Frosting
- 1 can Duncan Hines®, Comstock® or Wilderness® Strawberry Pie Filling & Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Arrange one cake on serving plate and evenly spread with 1 cup frosting, leaving sides bare. Add layer of pie filling on top of frosting. Top with second cake layer. Garnish with remaining frosting and pie filling.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Total Fat: 16g
Makes 10 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Cooking Tips - Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.