(Family Features) Maintaining a healthy eating plan can be challenging year-round, and busier fall schedules can make those goals even more difficult. Finding easy-to-make favorites can keep you and your loved ones on track as you navigate those hectic moments this autumn.
One simple yet delicious solution: Chopped Salad Kits and Sheet Pan Meal Starter Kits from Dole, which make it easy to incorporate vegetables without the hassle of kitchen prep. Take the guesswork out of meal planning for your time-starved family with these limited-ingredient, kit-based dishes.
Mexican Street Corn Bowls with Grilled Chicken provide a perfect balance of hearty yet nutritious flavor while taking advantage of the convenience of prepackaged ingredients. Perfect for fall weather, Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Soup requires just three ingredients and hungry loved ones for a filling meal worth celebrating.
Mexican Street Corn Bowls with Grilled Chicken
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1 cup dry instant brown rice
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large ears fresh corn, silks and husks removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Dole Limes, juice only (about 3 tablespoons), divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (12.9 ounces) DOLE® Chopped Chipotle & Cheddar Kit
- 1 Dole Avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped Dole Pineapple
- Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Brush all sides of chicken and corn with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken and corn on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 minutes, or until grill marks appear and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 F, turning chicken once and corn frequently. Transfer chicken and corn to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from cobs into medium bowl. Slice chicken 1/4-inch thick crosswise.
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro and paprika to corn; toss and fold in Parmesan cheese. In small bowl, whisk dressing from salad kit and remaining lime juice.
- Serve rice in bowls topped with avocado, pineapple, chicken, corn mixture and remaining contents of salad kit drizzled with dressing mixture.
Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 DOLE® Homestyle Roasted Herb Sheet Pan Meal Starter Kit
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup whole-wheat pasta shells, cooked
- Prepare sheet pan meal starter kit according to package instructions. Transfer to cutting board and carefully cut chicken and vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In medium saucepot over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth to simmer. Stir in pasta shells, chicken and vegetables. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.