Warmer days at the start of spring mean Easter is almost here, and the big bunny himself will be hopping around in no time delivering goodies.
This Easter, celebrate with your loved ones with a delicious and colorful Easter Bunny Butt Cake. It can bring smiles and laughter while putting everyone in a light, joyful mood.
This cake is fun and bright with a fluffy, moist interior. Complete with chocolate candy eggs, shredded coconut and chocolate chips for little bunny toes, this recipe goes all out to paint a picture of the Easter bunny.
Start by combining whole eggs, egg whites, cream of coconut, crushed pineapple, coconut extract and vanilla extract.
In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add butter gradually, 6 tablespoons at a time, for a total of 12 tablespoons.
Add dry mixture to a mixing bowl then add egg mixture half at a time. Beat until cake batter is formed.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes. The remaining batter goes into an oven-safe bowl to bake for 1 hour, 40 minutes.
The buttercream frosting is made with powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract.
Assemble the cake using pretzel sticks to blend it together to make the bunny butt shape. Frost the cake and spread shredded coconut over it to create a textured appearance. Stick chocolate chips on the bunny’s feet to create toes. Place your favorite Easter or bunny candies around the cake for extra garnish.
This cake is worth every step. It’s delicious and as cute as can be, plus it’s perfect for dessert after a big Easter dinner.
Find more creative and scrumptious holiday recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Easter Bunny Butt Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs, plus 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 thin pretzel sticks
- 1 bag (10 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 large round chocolate candy melts
- 6 chocolate chips
- mini candy-coated chocolate eggs, for garnish
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Line muffin pan with four paper liners. Spray oven-safe glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, cream of coconut, pineapple, coconut extract and vanilla extract until combined.
- In food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Add 6 tablespoons butter. Pulse until combined. Add remaining butter. Pulse until coarse meal forms.
- In large mixing bowl, add coarse flour butter meal. Add half of egg mixture. Beat 1-2 minutes. Add remaining egg mixture; beat until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until done. Cool completely.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared oven-safe bowl. Bake 1 hour, 40 minutes, or until done. Cool completely.
- To make buttercream frosting: In large bowl, add powdered sugar and butter; beat until fluffy. Add milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract; beat until creamy.
- Turn bowl upside-down on cake stand until cake removes from bowl. If cake needs leveled, turn cake over and trim to flatten. Frost cake.
- Remove wrappers from cupcakes. Using two pretzel sticks, press into base of cupcakes
- and anchor to bottom rim of bowl cake to create bunny feet. Frost feet.
- Take third cupcake and cut muffin top off. Cut muffin top in half. Using one pretzel stick, anchor one muffin top half at bottom of full cupcake to form toes. Repeat with second muffin top half for other foot. Frost toes.
- Attach final cupcake with remaining pretzel stick to butt area of cake to make tail. Frost tail.
- Apply 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut all over cake. Press chocolate candy melts into bottoms of bunny feet to resemble foot pads. Add chocolate chips to resemble pads for toes.
- Place remaining coconut in plastic bag. Add green food coloring. Toss in bag until coconut is colored. Spread around base of cake for grass. Decorate grass with chocolate eggs.
Tips: Spoon flour into dry measuring cup and level off excess. Scooping directly from bag compacts flour, resulting in dry baked goods. Add 1 tablespoon additional milk if frosting is too stiff. Keep adding until desired consistency.
(Family Features) When a trip to the ice cream parlor isn't in the cards, bring the ice cream parlor home with DIY sundaes! Making the perfect sundae might look like a hefty task, yet with a little creativity this all-American dessert is one of the easiest to make. By offering an assortment of ice cream flavors and toppings, everyone in the family can concoct their own personalized combinations.
There is no wrong way to craft this ice cream dessert, but read on for tips that will help you recreate the ice cream parlor in your kitchen.
Dishes. Glass bowls are traditional favorites, but be imaginative and rummage through your forgotten dishes to find something special. Chill the dishes for 30 minutes in the freezer to keep the ice cream from melting while creating your sundae.
Ice cream. Pick ice cream flavors that go well together or use vanilla, which tastes great with everything. Scoop the ice cream with a slightly warmed metal scoop to make it easier.
Mix-ins. From crushed cookies to gummy bears, there is no limit to what can go in a sundae. Fruit and chocolate chips are popular toppings and toasted nuts provide a crunchier texture. Create a mix-in buffet by placing all the goodies on the kitchen counter with a bowl and a spoon for each.
Toppings. Once dishes are filled with ice cream and mix-ins, drizzle syrup over top. Caramel, chocolate, strawberry, peppermint and English toffee are popular choices. Don't forget the whipped cream and cherry, if desired. Sprinkles, malt powder and mint leaves make good finishing touches as well.
Dig in! Long-handled spoons are great - they are ideal for scooping out everything, right down to the bottom. And remember kids love colorful spoons with funny characters or motifs on them.
Try these sundae recipes for creative combinations. For more summer sundae ideas, visit www.BlueBunny.com.
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped mango, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- 8 teaspoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 slices fresh lime
- Place one tablespoon crushed pineapple and one tablespoon chopped mango into each of four small parfait glasses. Top with quarter cup ice cream. Sprinkle with one teaspoon of toasted coconut. Repeat layering. Top each parfait with one-fourth teaspoon grated lime peel.
- Garnish rim of each parfait glass with a slice of lime. Serve immediately.
Cinnamon Bun Hot Apple Sundae
Makes 8 servings
- 1 4-inch frosted cinnamon roll
- 3 1/2 cups Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- 1/2 cup glazed walnuts
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup butterscotch-caramel topping
- Glazed walnuts, optional
- Cut cinnamon roll into half-inch pieces; set aside quarter cup for topping.
- Combine three cups of ice cream, cinnamon roll pieces (not reserved amount) and half cup glazed walnuts in large bowl; gently mix to combine. Freeze at least two hours.
- Warm apple pie filling in microwave-safe container or in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Spoon about one-third cup apple pie filling into eight serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with one scoop (scant half cup) of the ice cream. Drizzle each with one tablespoon butterscotch-caramel topping, several pieces of reserved cinnamon roll and glazed walnuts, if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 3 1/2-inch waffle bowls
- 5 cups Blue Bunny Premium Homemade Turtle Sundae Ice Cream
- 16 chocolate Turtle candies
- Assorted candy, for facial features
- 1 1.5-ounce package chocolate covered crisp wafer stick candy, such as Pepperidge Farm Pirouettes
- Form four scoops of ice cream and set aside. Fill each waffle bowl with remaining ice cream. Place each waffle bowl ice cream side down on an individual dessert plate. Place each of the four ice cream scoops that were set aside against each waffle bowl for the turtles' heads.
- Arrange four turtle candy pieces partially under the bottom of each waffle bowl to form the turtles' legs. Press assorted candy pieces into ice cream scoops for eyes and mouth. Place one chocolate wafer stick partially under waffle bowl for tail. Serve immediately.
Caramel Corn Sundae
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups (each) Blue Bunny Vanilla, Chocolate and Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 3 cups caramel corn
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts
- Scoop vanilla ice cream onto frozen parchment-lined sheet pan. Repeat with chocolate and butter pecan ice cream. Using rubber gloves, coat each ice cream scoop with caramel corn. Repeat until all ice cream scoops are coated. Layer scoops in a sundae glass with peanuts and caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Source: Blue Bunny Ice Cream