Vegetarian 10 August 2015
Penne Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry penne pasta
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Italian-style four cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- COOK pasta according to package directions, adding sun-dried tomatoes to boiling pasta water for last two minutes of cooking time; drain.
- MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder and pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- ADD pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to cheese sauce; stir until combined.
Calories: 260 | Total Fat: 10g
Cholesterol: 30mg | Protein: 15g
Carbohydrates: 28g | Sodium: 390mg
Makes about 7, 1/2-cup servings
Source Nestlé Carnation Milks