(Family Features) Focusing your menus on health-conscious recipes that look as good as they make you feel is key to making positive lifestyle changes. Adding big flavors that satisfy cravings to easy, go-to recipes can be a big step toward reaching health goals throughout the year.
“Eating the rainbow” refers to adding fruits and veggies of varying colors to your diet, such as red tomatoes and beets, green cucumbers and avocados, orange carrots and pumpkins and beyond. Complementing fresh produce with the nutritional benefits of tuna and salmon – like heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin D and potassium – can take your meal planning one step further.
Whether you’re commemorating a special occasion, hosting a gathering of friends and family or simply enjoying a night in, good food shouldn’t mean ditching good eating habits. With new packaging but a continued focus on flavor, wild-caught Low-Sodium Pink Salmon from Chicken of the Sea is a perfect complement to vibrant, rainbow-inspired recipes.
Try these Salmon Chili Bites for a quick and delicious snack option. They can easily be doubled, tripled or more for a party appetizer. Feature the recipe with a “rainbow” of veggies, crackers, meats and cheeses on a charcuterie board for a crowd favorite that can satisfy guests with big, bold flavor.
Ditch boring salads and find joy in food while maintaining healthy eating goals by upping your salad game. Say goodbye to bland, boring greens and enjoy salads with your favorite toppings, like a colorful combination of protein-packed tuna and fiber-rich veggies in this Mediterranean Tuna Salad, which is completed with a bright dressing and topped with feta cheese and parsley.
For more than 100 years, Chicken of the Sea has provided fresh, tasty seafood straight from the ocean, so whether you’re reaching for wild-caught tuna for this homemade salad or another option like salmon or sardines, you can enjoy a high-quality product that’s delicious on its own or used to elevate favorite recipes.
To find more health-focused snacks, appetizers, meals and more, visit chickenofthesea.com.
Salmon Chili Bites
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 pouches (2.5 ounces each) Chicken of the Sea Low Sodium Wild-Caught Alaska Pink Salmon
- 1 tablespoon chili crisp
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 bell peppers, cored and cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- minced cilantro
- black sesame seeds
- In bowl, combine salmon, chili crisp, vinegar and sesame oil.
- To serve, top each bell pepper square with some salmon, green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds. If leftover pieces of bell pepper remain, chop and add as additional garnish.
- Note: If serving with cheese plate, place salmon mixture in small bowl and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (5 ounces) Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (about 1/2 cucumber)
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- pita chips (optional)
- crackers (optional)
- To make dressing: In large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil and oregano.
- To make salad: In dressing bowl, add tuna, tomatoes, olives and cucumber. Gently toss to cover salad with dressing then top with feta and parsley.
- Serve with pita chips or crackers, if desired.
Source: Chicken of the Sea
(Family Features) Although you may share a passion for a favorite sports team, not everyone has the same taste when it comes to the tailgating menu. Enter these seven dips: from a yogurt turmeric dip to spicy buffalo chicken dip, you’re sure to please nearly every game-day guest.
There won’t be any trash talk when it comes to this dip. It’s the ultimate ooey, gooey, cheesy dish that’s sure to be all the rage at game-day parties and social gatherings.
Games and wings go hand-in-hand, but you can keep hands mess-free with this alternative that combines all the flavors of savory Buffalo chicken wings in a warm, creamy dip.
Think outside the box this season with a dip that is the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Bacon, Georgia peaches, sweet onions and a brown sugar bourbon marinade are complemented by pecans for a nutty, crunchy finish.
Low-fat yogurt and milk blend with golden turmeric and cinnamon for a tangy dip just waiting for crispy dippers like pita chips and veggies.
Move over cheesy, chili dips – the tangy sweetness of orange juice, carrots and honey make for a simple dip you can feel good about devouring.
Warm up with this crowd-pleasing dip made with fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese and Parmesan.
Simply mix together a can of black beans, chopped tomatoes and spices like chili powder and cumin for an easy dip to throw together for last-minute guests.
(Family Features) It’s game day, which means your party needs food and needs it fast. Use recipes that can pump up the crowd this season and make every game a win.
These quick recipes for an Olive Bar Flatbread and a Mediterranean Nacho Bar can leave the fans in your home screaming for more.
Your fans will almost assuredly be dipping, diving and running for these simple snacks created with fresh ingredients like Sabra Hummus, which is available in more than a dozen flavors in the deli section of your grocery store. Spread it on fluffy flatbread with your favorite veggies to create a snack that fans can go crazy over, or set it out buffet-style for everyone to munch on at halftime.
Find more game day recipes at sabra.com.
Mediterranean Nacho Bar
- Sabra Hummus
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped zucchini (1/4-inch chunks)
- Chopped Greek olives
- Chopped pepperoncinis
- Shredded lettuce
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Grilled chicken
- Pita chips
- Assemble hummus, tomatoes, green onions, zucchini, olives, pepperoncinis, lettuce, cheese and chicken in buffet format.
- Serve with pita chips.
Olive Bar Flatbread
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 flatbread
- 1/2 cup desired vegetables, chopped (olives, roasted peppers, peppadew or artichokes)
- 3 miniature mozzarella balls, sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place hummus on flatbread. Top with desired vegetables and mozzarella.
- Bake on lower rack 10-12 minutes, or until crispy and browned.
- Toss arugula with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on flatbread and serve.