- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Tangy Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place ground beef, egg yolks, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt, oregano, pepper and olives in bowl of electric stand mixer. Attach flat beater to mixer. Turn to low and mix for 1 minute.
- Form mixture into 30 (1-inch) balls and fry in olive oil until well browned. Drain on paper towels. Warm Tangy Barbecue Sauce and pour over meatballs. Serve warm from chafing dish.
- Tangy Barbecue Sauce (Makes 2 cups) - Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Mix well and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Cool sauce and store covered in refrigerator until needed.
Makes 30 meatballs