- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce can California Green Ripe Olives, well drained
- 1 6-ounce can California Black Ripe Olives, well drained
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices
- Place shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a food processor and pulse on and off until finely chopped.
- Add olives, basil, salt and pepper and pulse again until chopped.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. (May be prepared 1 day ahead.) Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Makes 8 to 10 servings