(Family Features) Invite some friends to bring their favorite holiday cookies to nibble on at your party.
Make your cookies stand out with a secret ingredient favored by both home bakers and chefs – molasses, which is a 100 percent all-natural, pure sweetener. It complements chocolate, nuts and spices, and gives cookies that irresistible “I-can’t-eat-just-one” homemade taste.
For more recipes and information, visit grandmasmolasses.com.
Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Grandma’s Original Molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in milk, molasses and vanilla.
- Sift together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Blend into milk mixture. Stir in oats and nuts.
- Drop level teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
Source: Grandma's Molasses