- 5 tablespoons Organic Valley Cultured Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup homemade bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Organic Valley Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound organic dry pasta in elbow or other small tubular shape
- 4 tablespoons organic flour
- 4 cups Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 cups (24 ounces) grated Organic Valley Sharp and/or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and combine with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta per package directions, drain, and return to pot.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter over low to medium heat. Add flour and whisk until golden. Add milk; continue whisking and cooking until sauce thickens slightly. Add dry mustard and grated cheese, whisking until cheese melts into sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine well. Transfer macaroni to a 4-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling.
6 to 8
Source Organic Valley
- 4 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups Wolfgang Puck Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 3 large Russet potatoes, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Cook bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add butter to saucepan and cook and stir until melted.
- Add leeks, onion, carrot and garlic to saucepan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth.
- Add potatoes and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the broth mixture is thickened.
- Stir cream and cheese in saucepan and cook until cheese is melted. Season with black pepper. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle soup with bacon and chives before serving.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 11/2 cups dried elbow macaroni (or other short dried pasta such as ditalini or alphabets)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/3 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- dried oregano
- Preheat broiler.
- In large pan put soup, water, and garlic; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in macaroni, green onion, oregano, and pepperoni; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until macaroni is almost done.
- Pour soup into 4 oven-proof bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and some oregano. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Or serve soup in a small round, crusty loaf of bread. Cut top off bread and scoop out insides. Fill with soup, top with cheeses, and broil as directed above. Try different "toppings" as well, such as mushrooms, onions, and sausage.
6 minutes Broil: 3 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Source Meredith Corporation
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Hungry Jack Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MIX sour cream and water in medium bowl until well combined. Add pancake mix, cheese and bacon pieces. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with paprika. Serve warm.
Makes 24 appetizers
Source Hungry Jack
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (19-ounce) can ready-to-serve tomato soup
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix and soup; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to ground beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375°F. for 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, sour cream and onions.
Source: Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits