The warmer temperatures call for a menu that's light and healthy, but with a uniquely tropical flavor. For an easy, casual entrée with a beachy feel, Baja Fish Tacos and Mango Salsa are sure to please.
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper (stem, seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, Mexican oregano and garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (may substitute shredded Monterey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Stir together all salsa ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
- Stir together dry seasonings in small bowl and sprinkle over cod. Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes. Open packets carefully to let steam escape.
- Place equal amounts cod in each tortilla and top with cabbage, cheese and mango salsa.
15 to 20 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Pair with Mirassou Monterey County Riesling
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (19-ounce) can ready-to-serve tomato soup
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix and soup; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to ground beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375°F. for 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, sour cream and onions.
Source: Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits