(Culinary.net) From work to homework, weekdays can often be extremely busy and sometimes stressful for many families, especially if you have little ones running around. If family means everything to you but time spent with those loved ones feels slim with the chaos of the modern-day world, one easy fix is to simplify your dinner routine.
Sometimes a family dinner is not the first thing on your mind, but you can bring everyone together with something quick and effortless when you’re in pinched for time. It’s a one-pot meal, and less mess means more time to focus on your daily tasks at hand.
With this Easy Tuna Casserole, you can call everyone to the table with a classic and simple meal that is sure to have everyone asking for a second helping. It features soft, perfectly cooked noodles, cheese and veggies, plus a hint of seafood.
This recipe needs only a handful of ingredients and requires just a few steps to make a full meal for your hungry family in a few moments.
Start by boiling the vegetables and noodles together in one pot then add dairy products, mix in your protein (a flavorful, hearty tuna) and top with crackers for some crunch. It has texture, vegetables to provide nutrients for growing kids and meets pretty much every mark for family dinner time.
Kids typically love the cheesy flavor and crunch provided by the cracker topping. Plus, it’s a great way to get them to try foods they normally wouldn’t eat, like tuna.
It’s a classic, easy meal that can leave you wishing that making dinner was that simple every night. Cook this delicious meal and get it on the table so you can enjoy what matters most: the ones you love.
Find more recipes and family meals at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Easy Tuna Casserole
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (corn, carrots and peas)
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cheese powder packet
- 1 can of tuna in water (drained)
- 8 - 10 buttery crackers rounds (crushed)
- Boil water in sauce pan, then add in macaroni. Stirring ocassionaly. Boiling 8-10 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables 2 minutes before the end of boil time.
- Drain and return to sauce pan.
- Add in butter, milk and cheese. Stir until mixed.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Add tuna and stir into macaroni mixture.
- Sprinkle crushed buttery crackers over macaroni mixture.
- Serve immediately.