(Family Features) Quality meals don't have to drain hours from your day; satisfying taste is possible in just minutes when you have a few strategies that can help make meal prep easier and the results more enjoyable.
Eat better with veggies. If eating better is your goal, explore veggie-based recipes that are hearty and filled with nutrients and vitamins. This Brown and Wild Rice Bowl with Veggie Burger is perfect for a meatless Monday or any other day when you need a fast, filling and flavorful meal in short order. If you don't have veggie burgers at home, or simply prefer a meat-based option, a cooked frozen beef patty is a good time-saving alternative.
Make simple swaps for variety. When you find a dish that's easy and tasty, you may find yourself falling back on the same thing again and again. Prevent taste bud boredom by mixing up your ingredients. You can transform a rice-based recipe by changing up the veggies, cheese, dressing and other toppings. Try pickled jalapenos for spice. Add corn if you like things sweet. Swap a creamy dressing with a zesty vinaigrette for fewer calories and a whole new taste.
Shop for convenience. Takeout may let you skip prep time completely, but you can easily make versions of many favorite to-go meals at home in just a few minutes. This Beef and Broccoli Garlic Rice uses perfectly portioned Minute Ready to Serve microwavable rice cups that help you put together a delicious lunch or dinner without measuring or overeating. Choosing products like portion-controlled rice and other ready-to-serve ingredients can help shave time off your prep work.
Tempt your taste buds with more convenient meal ideas at minuterice.com.
Brown and Wild Rice Bowl with Veggie Burger
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup Minute Ready to Serve Brown and Wild Rice
- 1 precooked veggie burger patty
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Break veggie burger into large chunks and place in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 60-90 seconds, or until veggie burger is heated through.
- Toss together rice and veggie burger. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
Beef and Broccoli Garlic Rice
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup Minute Ready to Serve Garlic and Olive Oil Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced water chestnuts
- 3 ounces cooked beef, sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki glaze
- soy sauce (optional)
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- In large, microwave-safe bowl, combine broccoli, bell pepper and water chestnuts. Microwave on high 1 minute. Add beef and microwave on high 1 minute.
- Stir in glaze and rice. Top with soy sauce, if desired.
Source: Minute Rice