Did you know that strata is Italian for layers? So you'll be happy to know that this "strata" is packed with delicious layers, so be ready to sink your teeth into cream cheese, cranberries, cinnamon and french bread.Make this recipe the night before to allow it to chill over night and then pop it into the oven for a rich and delicious brunch. Drizzle maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit more.
Find more recipes at www.culinary.net.
Watch video to learn how to make this delicious recipe!
What you'll need:
- French Bread
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Maple Syrup
- Ground cinnamon
In a greased 2-quart baking dish, tear off pieces from 1/2 of the French bread and put into dish.
Cut the creamcheese into slices and place over the bread pieces.
Sprinkle the dried cranberries over the creamcheese and bread pieces.
Top cranberries with remaining broken french bread pieces.
In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk and maple syrup.
Pour egg and milk mixture over bread and lightly press down the bread to saturate in the liquid mixture. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Full recipe instructions below.
- 8 cups French Bread (Crusty)
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- In a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, arrange half of the bread pieces, about 4 cups.
- Cut cream cheese into 8-10 slices and arrange over the bread chunks.
- Sprinkle cranberries over bread chunks.
- Top with remaining bread pieces (4 cups).
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, milk and maple syrup.
- Pour over bread in dish.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Lightly press down with back of spoon or spatula to saturate bread with egg mixture.
- Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover then bake for 20 minutes more.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and topped with maple syrup, if desired.