(Family Features) Fresh fruits are one of the highlights of summer. Try this tasty Fresh Pear Dumplings with Raspberry Sauce recipe, bringing pears and raspberries together for a delicious seasonal dessert.
Find more dessert ideas at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Fresh Pear Dumplings with Raspberry Sauce
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury
- 2 firm, ripe pears, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pie crust
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- In medium bowl, combine pears, raisins and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Lay out pie crust. Cut into quarters. Spoon pear filling on top of dough. Brush edges with water. Fold up sides to form three seams.
- Place dumpling, seam-side up, on baking sheet. Brush tops of dough with milk. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on rack.
- In blender, blend raspberries until smooth. Pour blended raspberries into saucepan. Add cornstarch and sugar. Bring to boil, stirring often. Place in freezer 10 minutes.
- Drizzle raspberry sauce on plate. Place dumpling over sauce. Top dumpling with additional raspberry sauce.