Breakfast & Brunch 07 August 2015
Cinnamon French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Silk Nog or Vanilla Silk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices cinnamon swirl or any sliced bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Maple syrup or fruit
- Sifted powdered sugar
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, soymilk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place bread slices in flat casserole dish and cover with egg mixture. Let soak 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add slices of soaked bread and cook until golden brown. Top French toast with maple syrup or fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar.