(Culinary.net) Powering up for a successful game day starts with a pregame spread, and no tailgate or homegate is complete without a spicy dip that brings the heat.
This Game Day Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect solution for firing up your crowd as it requires little preparation so you save precious time before kickoff. Whether you bake shortly before the game begins or make it ahead of time for a parking lot party, simply keep it warm and serve with chips or veggie sticks for a quick, shareable appetizer.
Find more ways to turn up the heat on game day at Culinary.net.
If you made this recipe at home, use #MyCulinaryConnection on your favorite social network to share your work.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Game Day Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heavy pinch dried dill
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- blue cheese crumbles
- vegetable sticks
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In bowl, mix shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and dried dill until combined. Add hot sauce; mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture from bowl to oven-safe dish. Top with additional shredded cheese, to taste.
- Bake until cheese is melted, approximately 15 minutes.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onion.
- Serve warm with chips and vegetable sticks.
(Family Features) When the back-to-school season brings jam-packed schedules full of learning and homework, every minute counts for the parents who make those school days possible. Create some extra time for special moments with the special people in your life by prioritizing easy yet delicious dinners that can help refuel parents and students.
In just five minutes, you can prepare a spicy take on chicken and rice with this family favorite Buffalo and Blue Cheese Chicken recipe. Making some extra time for yourself is as simple as starting with Minute White Rice Cups packed conveniently in single-serving BPA-free cups you can finish preparing in just 1 minute.
When you’re looking for a fun way to introduce your little learner to the kitchen, try creating your own homemade Buffalo sauce for this dish by mixing hot sauce, butter, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Heat in a saucepan until the butter melts and the mixture simmers, then turn down the heat and wait for it to cool.
If your loved ones aren’t big fans of spice, turn to a tamer take on a kid-friendly classic with “Mac” and Cheese in a Cup, a creamy rice version of the familiar favorite made with milk, cheddar and cream cheese. Just because you may not have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen doesn’t have to mean suffering through boring meals – simply use the microwave to enjoy this speedy yet tasty option.
It’s easy to enjoy the buttery taste and aromatic scent of jasmine rice – regardless of how packed your schedule is – by using Minute Jasmine Rice Cups to make quick dinners a reality. This taste bud-tingling take on mac and cheese made in a microwaveable cup saves you from clean-up duty and leaves more time for homework, after-school activities, school projects and all the excitement that comes with a new school year.
To find more quick yet satisfying and delicious dinner ideas for busy school nights, visit MinuteRice.com.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup Minute White Rice
- 1 breaded chicken tender, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese, for garnish
- 1 green onion, sliced, for garnish
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and sauce. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice. Garnish with blue cheese and green onion.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup Minute Jasmine Rice
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch dry mustard powder (optional)
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- In a microwave-safe cup, stir rice, milk, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and mustard powder, if desired.
- Microwave on high, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted and saucy.
Tips: For extra-cheesy rice, add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
Substitute garlic powder with 1/2 clove minced, fresh garlic.
Source: Minute Rice
(Family Features) Although you may share a passion for a favorite sports team, not everyone has the same taste when it comes to the tailgating menu. Enter these seven dips: from a yogurt turmeric dip to spicy buffalo chicken dip, you’re sure to please nearly every game-day guest.
There won’t be any trash talk when it comes to this dip. It’s the ultimate ooey, gooey, cheesy dish that’s sure to be all the rage at game-day parties and social gatherings.
Games and wings go hand-in-hand, but you can keep hands mess-free with this alternative that combines all the flavors of savory Buffalo chicken wings in a warm, creamy dip.
Think outside the box this season with a dip that is the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Bacon, Georgia peaches, sweet onions and a brown sugar bourbon marinade are complemented by pecans for a nutty, crunchy finish.
Low-fat yogurt and milk blend with golden turmeric and cinnamon for a tangy dip just waiting for crispy dippers like pita chips and veggies.
Move over cheesy, chili dips – the tangy sweetness of orange juice, carrots and honey make for a simple dip you can feel good about devouring.
Warm up with this crowd-pleasing dip made with fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese and Parmesan.
Simply mix together a can of black beans, chopped tomatoes and spices like chili powder and cumin for an easy dip to throw together for last-minute guests.
(Family Features) Whether you want to step up your hosting game or just plan to contribute to the game day spread, it’s easy to create the perfect plan with an array of premium food, without the premium price tags.
Simplify party prep and cleanup: Paper towels, plastic cutlery and game day-themed plates and napkins can make post-party cleanup a breeze, not to mention festive. Save time on party prep by picking up everything you need at one location. You can find these paper goods and all the ingredients for a tasty spread, including fresh produce, meats, dips, chips and snacks, at a grocery store like ALDI. There are plenty of options to fit nearly every lifestyle and budget.
Make it buffet style: Let your guests serve themselves on game day. Buffets showcase a wide variety of dips, chips and snacks and are an affordable, fun option to please all your guests. This party trick also makes it easy to grab a quick bite between plays or during commercial breaks.
Go after unusual suspects: Elevate traditional dips, hummus, guacamole and salsa with different dipping options. Crostini, crispbread, gluten-free crackers and unexpected veggies like rainbow carrots, sugar snap peas and asparagus would add dimension to your menu and put a spin on your favorite game day snacks.
Get out of the kitchen: Just because you’re hosting should not mean you don’t get to enjoy yourself. Avoid spending hours in the kitchen with this crowd-pleasing Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Mix the ingredients in a slow cooker, turn it on high and then you’re ready to kick off the party.
Find more ideas and recipes for game day at ALDI.com.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Recipe courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Burman's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Garden Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon sea salt from Stonemill Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 teaspoons pepper from Stonemill Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 cup Happy Farms Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, hot sauce, ranch, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Turn slow cooker to high and cook 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken. Add cheese to slow cooker and stir. Turn slow cooker to warm and enjoy with tortilla chips, baguettes or crunchy veggies.
Tip: For easy shredding, place cooked chicken breasts in stand mixer with paddle attachment and turn on low until shredded.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
(Family Features) The days are getting longer and hotter and you’re itching to head outside to kick off grilling season. After a few weeks of eating the same boring burgers and hot dogs, you’re looking for something a little more exciting (and so are your guests). These recipes can help take your grilling skills to the next level and make your next party something to brag about.
When people come over for Buffalo chicken, they expect authentic flavor, so give the people what they want by making Buffalo chicken sandwiches with Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce. Frank’s RedHot was the secret ingredient used in the original Buffalo wings recipe in 1964.
For maximum flavor, each Buffalo chicken sandwich gets a quarter of the bottle of sauce to bring in just the right blend of flavor and heat. Take it to the next level by marinating the chicken in the sauce for at least 30 minutes so it can absorb the unmistakable Buffalo flavor that will send any party into overdrive. Add the tangy blue cheese and cool, crisp lettuce and tomato and you’ve got the perfect bite for a hot summer day.
Now that you’ve proved your grilling chops to most of the party crew, it’s time to kick it up a notch. Every party’s got a few tough critics, so it’s key to make something impressive and delicious that appeals to a different palate. Enter: Sweet Chili Ribs.
Start with two full racks of pork spareribs then load them up with Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce, garlic and ginger, making sure to spread that mixture all over the ribs. Grill them low and slow for 2 hours then pour another half-bottle of sauce over top for good measure and grill for another hour. After your guests have a chance to taste these sweet and tangy, fall-off-the-bone ribs, they’ll talk about them all summer long.
For more grilling tips and recipes, visit franksredhot.com/recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (if thick, cut horizontally into two even pieces)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- tomato slices (optional)
- red onion rings (optional)
- Marinate chicken in 6 ounces Buffalo wings sauce for 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours.
- Mix remainder of Buffalo wings sauce and dressing together. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Grill chicken 12 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink in center.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixed sauce on each roll half. Place chicken on top of roll half and top with 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles.
- Add lettuce, tomato and onion rings, if desired. Top with second roll half. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Sweet Chili Ribs
- 2 full racks pork spareribs, trimmed (about 6 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce, divided
- Heat grill to 250° F and prepare for indirect cooking.
- Spread ribs with ginger and garlic. Place ribs on rib rack or in foil pan. Cook on covered grill 2 hours.
- Spread 6 ounces sweet chili sauce evenly over ribs then cook another hour, until tender.
- Baste ribs with remaining sweet chili sauce during last 15 minutes of cooking. If desired, at end of cooking time grill ribs over direct heat to char slightly.
Source: Frank's Red Hot