Dessert 07 August 2015
Libby's Pumpkin Roll
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Total Fat: 16g
Makes 10 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Cooking Tips - Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.
Breakfast & Brunch 07 August 2015
Cinnamon French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Silk Nog or Vanilla Silk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices cinnamon swirl or any sliced bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Maple syrup or fruit
- Sifted powdered sugar
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, soymilk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place bread slices in flat casserole dish and cover with egg mixture. Let soak 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add slices of soaked bread and cook until golden brown. Top French toast with maple syrup or fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar.