(Culinary.net) Main dishes can sometimes be a challenge for the average home chef. Whether you’re looking for something healthy and filling for a family of five or just cooking up something mouthwatering for a couple to share, it can seem difficult to manage.
With a million ingredients and a laundry list of directions, making a weeknight dinner can feel like a daunting task. However, this meal can reassure you that sometimes cooking is easy, fun and totally and completely worth it. This is a recipe you can make at a moment’s notice with a handful of ingredients, which you may already have in your pantry.
This Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu is perfect for families, couples and even individuals looking for a scrumptious main course. It’s wholesome, appetizing and covered in cheese and cracker crumbs for a gooey yet crunchy finish. The best part is it’s easy to make.
It features a simple seasoning, lightly seared chicken breast and three toppings. It bakes for just 20-25 minutes and it’s done. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Fresh out of the oven, the first bite is steaming with hearty chicken cooked to perfection and melty cheese dripping onto the pan. This recipe may quickly become a family favorite as kids can fall in love with the mixture of different textures and a main ingredient almost every child likes: chicken. It’s also fun to make together. Kids can even help sprinkle the cheese and cracker crumbs. Or, if you’re in a rush, an adult can make it in just a few moments. On busy nights, it’s a perfect meal to bring the family together around the table between soccer practice and getting homework done.
For more easy recipes and main dishes that make cooking fun, visit Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 slices deli ham, folded in half
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 20 butter crackers, fine crumbs
- Heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Brush baking sheet with oil.
- Place chicken on baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towel and season with pepper.
- Brush mustard over chicken. Top with ham and cheese. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
(Family Features) Hosting a crowd can be exciting and rewarding, but it can also come with plenty of challenges. One of the simplest ways to make mealtime stress-free when entertaining is to focus on ingredients that can be incorporated into a variety of different dishes.
From quick appetizers to grab-and-go snacks, you can crowd-please with ease by using Eckrich Smoked Sausage and Deli meats. Whether you're celebrating an occasion, hosting a family gathering or watching a game, using a convenient option like deli meat means all you have to do is add it to your favorite recipes for an extra boost of flavor. This season, whip up some delicious Quiche Cups in Muffin Tins for a combo of deli ham, eggs and other simple ingredients for a speedy dish that can ward off your group's hunger and allow for more quality time together.
Find more recipes for entertaining with ease at Eckrich.com.
Quiche Cups in Muffin Tins
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 18 thin slices Eckrich Deli Ham
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In bowl, whisk eggs. Add milk, cheese, onion, thyme, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place one slice ham in each chamber.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons egg mixture into each chamber so each is three-fourths full.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and tops begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes.