(Family Features) Concoct a winning game plan, gather the parking lot games and call the biggest fans you know – it’s tailgating season. This year, before you root on your favorite team, make sure your pregame party matches the intensity of the fourth quarter with recipes that really fire up the crowd.
For a pregame meal that gives diehards the energy they’ll need to stay on their feet, turn to easy-to-prepare Kielbasa and Veggie Kebabs. This tailgate-friendly recipe relies on smoked pork sausage from Coleman Natural Foods that’s blended with flavorful spices, naturally cured with cultured celery powder and sea salt then slow-smoked for rich flavor.
If a morning kickoff at your alma mater calls for a breakfast-friendly beverage, these Chile Bacon Straws offer a perfect complement to a Bloody Mary. With a perfect touch of pizazz, they’re a simple yet impressive garnish that pairs well with other toppings like olives, pickles, peppers and more.
As a delicious way to add bursts of flavor to favorite dishes, pork from Coleman Natural Foods provides premium quality you can feel good about serving to your family and friends whether you’re tailgating in the parking lot or home-gating in your own backyard. It’s humanely raised by family farmers in the U.S. with no antibiotics, added hormones or artificial ingredients to give fans countless ways to elevate favorite game day dishes.
Visit ColemanNatural.com to find more easy-to-prepare tailgate recipes.
Kielbasa and Veggie Kebabs
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 wooden skewers
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 ears of corn, cut crosswise into 2-inch rounds
- 1 package Coleman Natural Polish Kielbasa, sliced thick
- 12 whole mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning. Preheat grill to 300 F.
- Cut red onion, peppers and corn into bite-sized chunks.
- Alternate placing kielbasa slices, onion, peppers, corn, mushrooms and tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill, rotating every few minutes until veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
Chile Bacon Straws
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 6 slices Coleman Natural Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 teaspoon Mexican spice blend
- prepared Bloody Marys
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wrap one bacon slice diagonally around each skewer, making sure to overlap edges of bacon so there are no gaps. Don’t wrap too tightly or it will be difficult to remove skewers; try to ensure each end of bacon ends up on same side of skewer.
- Place each wrapped skewer on wire rack set over sheet pan with end seams down. Sprinkle spice blend over each skewer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until bacon is brown, crispy and fully cooked to give straws their shape. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Gently slide skewers out of each straw using twisting motion.
- Insert straws into Bloody Marys.
Source: Coleman Natural Foods
(Family Features) Finding time for a family meal during fall means navigating busy schedules full of school, jobs, social events and more. Squeezing in dinner together calls for an easy dish that takes less than an hour so you can catch up with loved ones.
Let your oven do the work for you with this Build-Your-Own Sausage Foil Packet Dinner recipe that requires just 10 minutes of prep before 30 minutes of baking, leaving you plenty of time to help little ones with homework. It all starts with Coleman Natural Uncured Polish Kielbasa, a traditional Polish sausage rope smoked and fully cooked so all you need to do is slice into 1/2-inch pieces and toss together with veggies and seasonings. You can feel good you are serving pork sourced from American family farms that raise their animals crate free with no antibiotics or added hormones ever.
An added benefit of this simple recipe is that it’s customizable, allowing you to substitute your family’s favorite flavors to satisfy everyone at the table. Or, if your loved ones are easily pleased and open to a variety of ingredients, you can try different veggies each time so it tastes like a new dish over and over again.
Visit ColemanNatural.com/Recipes to find more fall meal inspiration.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Build-Your-Own Sausage Foil Packet Dinner
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 package Coleman Natural Uncured Polish Kielbasa, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into four pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut foil into four sheets about 12 inches long.
- Divide kielbasa, garlic, corn, tomatoes, onion and potatoes evenly over foil sheets. Drizzle with oil then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss gently to combine.
- Top each packet with parsley and fold crosswise over kielbasa and vegetable mixture to completely cover food. Roll top and bottom edges to seal.
- Place foil packets on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
Variations: Customize ingredients for personal preferences. Use broccoli in place of corn or substitute peppers for onions.
Source: Coleman Natural