Bring Back Breakfast
This Weekend, Spend the Most Important Meal of the Day with the Most Important People in Your Life
(Family Features) Baseball practices, dance rehearsals, school work, and other weekday activities often make family mealtime seem like a thing of the past.
If you’re looking for ways your family can spend more quality time together, consider bringing back breakfast this weekend.
Enjoying each other’s company and a delicious breakfast is the perfect opportunity for your family to reconnect. Use the added time weekend mornings provide to prepare a wonderful, warm meal for your family to sit down and create lasting memories. Make your morning meal a weekend tradition the whole family can look forward to all week long.
Here are some easy tips to help make breakfast a family occasion:
Make Breakfast Special – Each week, request that a family member choose a fun theme for the breakfast table. From sports teams to movie themes to favorite colors - you’ll see that the choices are endless and they can inspire creative breakfast menus.
Find Some Breakfast Helpers – Let the whole family practice their cooking skills by helping you in the kitchen. Serve foods that are easy to dress up, like Hungry Jack® pancakes. Sometimes the simple pleasure of a warm plate of pancakes is all you need to create the perfect start to your weekend mornings together.
Create Breakfast Menu Magic – The sky is the limit when you have extra time to craft a hearty breakfast, so serve a variety of foods your family will love. You can’t go wrong with breakfast classics – from fresh veggie and egg dishes to the warm, fluffy goodness of a stack of Hungry Jack pancakes. Does your family enjoy creating breakfast masterpieces? Try these Upside-Down Breakfast Stacks, made with Hungry Jack pancakes, sausage patties, cheddar cheese and eggs, for a magical take on an ordinary meal.
For more recipes and breakfast tips to bring families together on the weekends, visit www.hungryjack.com.
Upside-Down Breakfast Stacks
Yield: 6 stacks
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 fully cooked sausage patties OR
- 6 vegetable sausage patties
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Shredded sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese (optional)
- Hungry Jack Original Syrup
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 6 muffin cups or glass custard cups generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- DIVIDE eggs evenly into prepared muffin cups. Top with sausage patty. Whisk pancake mix and water together in medium bowl until smooth. Pour evenly over sausage.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes. Invert onto baking sheet. Sprinkle immediately with cheese, if desired. Serve warm with syrup.
Source: Hungry Jack