(Culinary.net) St. Patrick’s Day may call to mind hearty meals and pots o’ gold, but that doesn’t mean sweets can’t be part of the equation, too. Add dessert to your celebration with this green Minty Shake, a cold, refreshing way to honor the colorful tradition.
Find more seasonal dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
St. Patty’s Minty Shake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 ounces Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 3 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- chopped sugar cookies, for garnish (optional)
- pistachios, for garnish (optional)
- mint chocolate candy, for garnish (optional)
- Using mixer, whisk whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add peppermint extract and powdered sugar; mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In blender, blend milk, liqueur and ice cream until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside soda glass. Pour ice cream mixture into glass. Top with whipped cream and garnish with cookies, pistachios and mint chocolate candy, if desired.
How to Make a Coconut Cream Pie Milkshake
(Family Features) Celebrate spring with this delicious coconut concoction. For more recipes, visit culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this delicious recipe!
Coconut Cream Pie Milkshake
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 whole graham cracker
- whipped cream, for garnish
- graham cracker crumbs, for garnish
- In blender mix ice cream, cream of coconut, flaked coconut and graham cracker on high until smooth. Pour into glass. Top with whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs.
Recipe adapted from MilkMeansMore.org.
How to Use Turmeric From Morning to Night
(Family Features) From the celebrity on TV to your coworker at the watercooler, everyone is talking about turmeric. That’s because scientific evidence has been building around the potential health benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties, of curcumin, a compound in turmeric. These six tempting recipes – from a morning shake to baked chicken – will quickly make turmeric the new star of your spice cabinet. Find more tips for using turmeric at McCormick.com.
Chocolate Banana Shake with Turmeric and CinnamonTake breakfast to go with a scrumptious shake made with a turmeric cocoa spice blend, roasted pistachios, frozen bananas and sweet dates.
Creamy Coconut Butternut Squash SoupThis cozy classic balances the sweet and savory flavors of coconut milk and butternut squash.
Turmeric VinaigretteAdd earthy goodness to an everyday salad with this simple vinaigrette, made with turmeric, ginger, honey and sea salt.
Creamy Turmeric DipTurmeric, sea salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and low-fat yogurt come together for a tasty dip that’s ready in just 5 minutes. Pack with vegetables and pita chips and take to work for a mid-afternoon snack.
Honey Mustard Turmeric ChickenTake baked chicken up a notch with a twist on everyone’s favorite sweet and tangy honey mustard marinade.
Golden Turmeric MilkCombine coconut milk, turmeric, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to make this popular pick-me-up beverage.
Watermelon Strawberry Shake and Frozen Smoothie Pops
- 1 container (8 ounces) lemon nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
Frozen Smoothie Pops
- Strawberry Shake
- Small paper cups
- Popsicle sticks
- In blender or food processor, process yogurt, watermelon, strawberries and banana until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.
Frozen Smoothie Pop
- Pour prepared Watermelon Strawberry Shake into small paper cups.
- Freeze, inserting popsicle sticks or plastic spoons when mixture is partially frozen. Or, pour Watermelon Strawberry Shake into ice cream machine.
- Set and enjoy.