(Culinary.net) It’s time to kick off summer with a bang. With exciting summer events like baseball, sunbathing and barbecues filling social calendars, comes a whole new array of fresh, sunny day snacks just waiting to be devoured.
If you’re in the mood for something sweet with a hint of spice, try this Citrus, Mango and Pineapple Salsa. It features fresh, fruity flavors from the pineapple, mango, lemon and lime plus a surprising bite of jalapeno. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and zesty.
This light, warm weather appetizer is perfect for pool parties or dining al fresco. A fresh twist on traditional salsa, this recipe will have people lining up for a second scoop to help beat the heat.
Enjoy it with tortilla chips or as a topping on your favorite tacos to add a little sweetness to a traditionally savory meal.
For more fresh summertime recipes, visit Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Citrus, Mango and Pineapple Salsa
Recipe adapted from becomingness.com
- 1 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 1/4 cup fresh mango, diced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, mango, tomato, onion, jalapeno, coriander, lime juice, lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste. With rubber spatula, mix all ingredients together.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.