(Family Features) Welcoming friends, family and neighbors for celebrations of all kinds demands delicious hors d’oeuvres for making guests feel right at home. Next time you invite loved ones for a special get-together, you can beef up the menu with a tasty appetizer that’s as easy to make as it is to enjoy.
Loaded with savory flavor and perfect for feeding a crowd, these Beef and Blue Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms from Beef Loving Texans offer a simple yet mouthwatering way to entertain in style. Just prepare button mushrooms by removing the stems then fill the caps with a ground beef-based mixture of minced mushroom stems, blue cheese, breadcrumbs, green onions and steak seasoning for a party-worthy platter.
Visit BeefLovingTexans.com to find more recipes for home entertaining and beyond.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Beef and Blue Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Beef Loving Texans
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) button mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove stems from mushrooms; reserve. Season mushroom caps with salt; set aside. Mince stems to yield 1/2 cup; discard remaining stems.
- Combine ground beef, minced stems, blue cheese, breadcrumbs, green onions and steak seasoning. Spoon beef mixture evenly into mushrooms.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on rack in broiler pan. Bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with chives, if desired.