(Family Features) Weeknights filled with after-school activities, social events, family commitments and more can make eating nutritious meals a daunting task. Turn to quick dinner ideas the entire family can enjoy with simple, better-for-you ingredients.
This Grilled Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese, Fresh Blueberries and Pecans from the recipe experts at Safeway and Albertsons includes fresh, flavorful O Organics® ingredients to satisfy hunger after long days at school or in the office. Plus, simple preparation means it’s ready in 20 minutes to make mealtime a breeze.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Grilled Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese, Fresh Blueberries and Pecans
Recipe courtesy of Safeway and Albertsons
Total time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless O Organics chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons O Organics extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) O Organics spring mix
- 1 package (6 ounces) O Organics blueberries (or desired berry)
- 1/4 cup O Organics pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons O Organics olive oil
- 1 tablespoon O Organics balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 log (4 ounces) O Organics goat cheese
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place on cutting board. Cut chicken in half horizontally to form thin cutlets. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat grill pan, outdoor grill or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, coat with oil. Add chicken to pan and grill, turning once, until cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Wash and dry mixed greens. Place in medium bowl.
- Wash and dry blueberries. Add to bowl with mixed greens. Using clean cutting board, roughly chop pecans. Add to bowl.
- Transfer cooked chicken to cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- In bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar to create dressing.
- Add chicken and dressing to salad bowl; toss to combine.
- To serve, divide salad between plates or bowls and crumble goat cheese over top.