Nothing means more to me than quality time with my family. My family, for the most part, spends a lot of time together over meals. Being the foodie I am, I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Today, I’m sharing a go-to main dish for my family that both my little sisters love.
It’s a classic: Chicken Cordon Bleu. It’s got sweet ham in the middle, surrounded by melty cheese and, of course, the crispy outer layer of crunch. Yum!
My mom used to make this for us growing up, but now when I make it for everyone, I put my own spin on it. It brings back memories for everyone in my family and spreads smiles across all our faces. Plus, it’s filling!
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli ham, folded in half
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 20 butter crackers, finely crumbled
- Heat oven to 475 F.
- Brush baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Place chicken on baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towel and season with pepper.
- Brush mustard over chicken. Top with ham and cheese. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
This makes me want to have a family gathering soon to taste the deliciousness. If you try out this recipe, tag us at @culinary_net on Instagram and use #MyCulinaryConnection.
Chat with you soon!
My name is Haley and I’m the Editorial Assistant here at Family Features. I love to be creative, not only in my career, but in the kitchen as well. At Family Features, I handle the design work and file prep for distribution, but in the kitchen, you can brace yourself for some mouthwatering main dishes and bright Holiday ideas. Stay tuned for more!