This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a perfect healthy dish to warm you up during the cold winter months! It’s family-friendly, serves many and makes great leftovers for work lunches!
Is Chicken Chili Good for You?
Yes, it is super nutritious! This chili is a great source of animal and plant-based protein and contains tons of veggies as well as heart-healthy fats if you load up with avocado on top!
Reasons to Love White Chicken Chili:
- It makes 6-8 servings, so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd
- It’s super easy to make
- The slow cooker does most of the work
- The leftovers taste equally amazing
This recipe has simple ingredients, and you likely already have a lot of them in your fridge or pantry. I hope you love it as much as we do! Share the love by pinning this recipe on Pinterest or tag me on IG @wellnessforthewin in your stories if you give it a try!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1-1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans reduced-sodium great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn kernels
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime, juice only
- black pepper, to taste
- hot, chunky salsa
- plain Greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- tortilla chips or strips
- corn chips
- In slow cooker, add chicken, beans, corn, green chiles, chopped onion, minced garlic, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken broth and lime juice to mixture then stir to combine.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 F.
- Stir thoroughly. Use two forks to shred chicken then cook about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with avocado, salsa, yogurt, cheese, tortilla chips or corn chips, as desired. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
Hi! My name is Shanna – I'm a wife, mama to a sweet baby boy named Rhett, dog mom x 2, registered dietitian and born-and-raised Kansas gal with a passion for health & wellness. I am also the blogger behind “Wellness For The Win.” My goal is to help you live a healthy, balanced life you love without dieting OR breaking the bank! At “Wellness For The Win,” you can find healthy, delicious recipes and articles on intuitive eating, body kindness, all things mom life and more.