- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crust: Combine all ingredients; mix well. Pat firmly into 8-inch square cake pan. Bake 12 minutes or until golden.
- Filling: Beat egg whites and brown sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, cherries and pecans. Spread over crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Icing: Beat all ingredients together until creamy. Drop spoonfuls of icing onto warmed bars; spread gently. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 bars
Source: CanolaInfo | National Sweet Cherry Foundation